Where to go for help and advice

If you feel that you are in need of help or advice then you should firstly contact SSAFA or The Royal British Legion (TRBL).  Both organisations have a network of local branches, which means that help and advice is always close at hand.

  • When contacting SSAFA or TRBL they will put you in touch with one of their experienced advisors.
  • Where further assistance is required a caseworker will be appointed who will visit you in your home or at a suitable location.
  • Working together with the caseworker, you will need to complete a Form A; this provides some basic information about yourself and your current circumstances.
  • The caseworker will then distribute the completed Form A on your behalf to the relevant organisations/regiments to request assistance;
  • The Regiment/Organisation will respond directly to the caseworker. Please be aware that neither the Organisations or Regiments involved are able to deal directly with individuals.


SSAFA Forcesline is a free, 100% confidential helpline that is completely independent of the military chain of command. Their experienced civilian staff provide a supportive, listening and signposting service for serving personnel and their families, as well as former members of the Armed Forces.

SSAFA Forcesline 0800 731 4880 (Freephone)